29.8.14

About the girl who was found in another world

Yesterday I was shot by the Imagination. Her expectations were  beyond my capabilities. After all day long of working I have done nothing. She didn’t even look at me, just BOOM! – and I am dead.
That was the day before, but now I am back among the living again.
I was wondering what I should write today. I have so much information to relay and I cannot choose anything from that mess in my head. Heroes, weapons, suits, maps, animals – so many possibilities! However I decided to start from the beginning. The main base, on which the story is rested on is the person of Limena, but I want to write about her some other time. I want to put here an image of her.

Fantasy about fantasy
Another character that appears in the story is Dominica. Her personality is kind of important – it just so happens that she is a narrator. I could leave her out and create an omniscient narrator and in later events replace her with some other person. Why did not I do it? Because that is important to me to show the world through somebody’s eyes, who would be a stranger, who would get to know new rules, that do not exist on the Earth. I want the character to be close to the reader, be like him – normal.
Exactly. As far as normality is concerned. How many times did I come into bookshop, take to hand a book and put it down just because on the cover was written: “Lucy is 16 and she is a normal girl until blah, blah, blah”. If she is abnormal, she can’t be normal! I do not want Dominica to be created on patter like this. She should be the most normal person in the world. The teenager, who comes into new stage of her life, rids of her step-mother and goes to another city to study. The teenager, who has problems to open to others. The teenager, who loves the alternate worlds from books, from games, a fantasy worlds (oops, I just did describe myself). And suddenly that normal person gets to a strange world, where she has to learn to live from basics. Moreover, there is someone who has plans connected to her.
The girl had a problem. Of course, she wanted to jump into some fantasy world, just to be as far away from Poland, step-mother and life-problems as possible, but when she did find herself in there… Well, she was not ready. If anybody had told her what could happen maybe she would have learnt to handle some weapon and prepare, but she never had that opportunity. In no way could she identify with this new world. She wanted to jump back into her old life, to problems she once had. In addition without her permission and knowledge she was joined to the team with the difficult mission to do. She did not care and thought that it did not concern her. I ask myself: what or who would convince her to change her mind and identify with Limena’s world? What kind of incident could influence her and in what kind of way?
As I mentioned, the girl liked the world of games. Into her life I have weaved an event from my own life – I allowed her to create a virtual character of Limena and Sashila.

Black goes with her
Just like Limena, Dominica was created within a game as well, but I use only her appearance and class. As a guardian swordsman, she used a sword with a shield… Wait, wait! Back! After all, she was a normal person from the 21st century, she could not fight!
Her look… I had to change her amaranth hair to an ordinary colour. She had lived in the real world, where people do not have naturally pink hair. I decided she would have long dark one which would like to wear undone. But developments would make it so she will wear them in two pony tails (just like in the  illustration in the header).

New world, new name
A Polish name in another world would match like coffee with salt, but it depends on taste. When Dominica introduced herself, she changed her name to Sashila and with this name she started in the strange world.
(I do not know now but in the middle of the story it may turn up that in an odd language ‘Sashila’ means something like ‘Fearless’ or ‘Gallant’ or ‘The Girl with Seven Legs’. My Imagination has weird ideas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate it.